Daisypath Vacation tickers

tiistai 31. joulukuuta 2013

The Christmas Holiday

So Christmas happened. It was harder than I expected to be honest, but it was still interesting and an experience I will never forget. I really missed my family during Christmas time though, since it's a family holiday. It was nice, however! 

On the 24th, I spent Christmas together with Sara, since we both spend Christmas on Christmas eve in our home countries. We made "rice pudding", which is a traditional Christmas dish in both Finland and Denmark - but let me make this clear, it's not the exactly same thing as the British version of it. It's really good.



On the 25th, I spent Christmas together with my host family. We opened some gifts in the morning, and went out for a meal to a restaurant called Toby Carvery together with some of my host family's relatives. It was really nice, and I really enjoyed spending Christmas with them! I wouldn't mind having a culture in Finland, where you went out for a meal on Christmas, it was actually really nice.







You got those wee crowns on your head, which was an interesting feature :D

After Christmas a friend of ours from Aberdeen came down to visit us. We took Anne to the Edinburgh Dungeons and rode the Star Flyer (might not be the correct name, haha, oh well). It was absolutely amazing!






I really can't believe that the year is almost over! 2013 has been absolutely amazing. Can't believe that I can say that I came to Scotland last year in just a couple of days, and that I can shout out "I'm gonna meet my family and friends again this year!" It's ridiculous how quickly time passes. But it's okay, as long as you enjoy every second of it.

So HAPPY NEW YEAR every single one of you! No exceptions. I hope 2014 brings you all a lot of happiness and great moments!

And on that note, in just a couple of weeks we're going to put up our 5 months in Scotland video and that is going to be my last video from Scotland together with Sara :( Our thought for this video is, that we're going to answer questions you guys want to know. So start sending questions now! Anything about being an exchange student, about Scotland or about Edinburgh - yeah anything you want to know! We'll give advice and share experiences. So gogogogo for it!

3 kommenttia:

  1. 1. Can you do a scottish accent? ;)
    2. Would you ever want to live in scotland again?
    3. No. 1 thing/place/whatever to see in edinburgh?

    VastaaPoista
  2. Oj nam dendä maten ser god ut, o du e söt! <3
    A question: Do you think you're going to return to Scotland for a longer stay after you've finished upper secondary school back in Finland and Denmark. In means of like studying/work? :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. ja skriver dom på svenska cause cant be bothered men hoppas du älskar mej ändå!!!
    1) har din utbytestid vari sådan som du tänkte de sku vara före du anlände?
    2) de finaste sakerna ni lärt er?
    3) har ni gjort alls skoljobb?
    4) det bästa och sämsta minnet?
    5) har det varit ert bästa livs år (elr halvår) ?
    6) tänker ni på engelska nuförtiden?
    7) har ni flirttat mycket med grabbar?
    8) konstigaste saken människorna gör där?
    9) snällaste saken människorna gör där?
    10) tycker du ännu om mig?

    VastaaPoista